Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016



My husband always has loved New Years. He says it's everyone's chance at a fresh start. I guess he is right in that aspect.
This is why everyone makes resolutions I guess.

Resolutions are an odd creature.
People tend to make grand claims as to how they are going to change with the incoming year.
More often than not though, these claims are tossed to the side before January is even close to over.

Yes, I know some people are AWESOME and are able to keep them.
Me...not so much.
I forget. Or get busy. Or insert any excuse here.

Then I started making generic resolutions. "be a better me than I was last year".
In theory it's a nice gesture, but there are no rules to follow or accountability if I don't follow through.

This year I am going to make a resolution and hope that I made one I can not only keep for an extended period, but build on in the long run.

This year I will do more homemade and rely less on ready made.

Sound silly to anyone?
I cook and bake a lot...but not 365 days a year.
Not that I am aiming to do such.
In the time it takes to cook a frozen pizza on a busy night, you could make one from scratch with a little help from ready made dough.
That is how I am looking to better myself.

If I can make more than I purchase...I can feel that my resolution was, well, resolved.

What, if any, resolutions did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment