It is hard getting to that stage in one's life when our elders are leaving us all too quickly.
This gentleman that passed was my other grandfather.
Him and his wife were best friends with my grandparents, their kids and my aunts/uncle all grew up together, and all of us grandkids were about the same age, so we all grew up together.
The one granddaughter is my life-long BFF. She is just a year and a few days younger than me, so we really don't remember a time without each other. We spent every summer together as the bestie grandparents owned hotels across the street from each other in a small sea side town.
It was a sad goodbye.
My aunts/uncle/hubby and I all made the trip. All the families were happy to see each other. A celebration of a life well lived.
To my other grandpa...you will never be forgotten, your legacy carries on among the generations!
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
1 Spice cake mix (14.5 oz)
1 Tbsp molasses
1 Tsp nutmeg
1 (5.1 oz) package vanilla pudding
3 Cups eggnog
2 (8 oz each) containers Cool Whip (thawed)
1. Mix cake mix according to package directions.
2. Add molasses and nutmeg to cake mix
3. Cook according to package. Cool completely.
4. Pour pudding mix into large bowl and mix with eggnog. Put in fridge to set.
5. Crumble ½ of the cake into bottom of the trifle bowl
6. Cover with half of the pudding mix and then one container of Cool Whip
7. Repeat layers8. Top with crumbled gingersnaps
Come party with me HERE!