Someone as slightly messed up in the head as I am.
Seriously...year round I can watch Christmas movies and bake cookies.
Oddly enough, none of my (in-state) friends feel that same longing.
I do have one in FL who might as well share a mind with me. She is always game...but it's a slight bit of a hike for her.
The girl child rolls her eyes at me when she finds out I was listening to Christmas carols on Pandora. In August.
Or any month other than December.
Did she really come from ME?
Funny enough though, there are no rolling of the eyes when the cookies come out of the oven. Hm.
1 ½ Cups all purpose flour
½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ Tsp baking soda
¼ Tsp salt
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup packed brown sugar
½ Cup unsalted butter (softened)
¼ Cup smooth peanut butter
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Large egg
¾ Cup smooth peanut butter
¾ Cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat together sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy
5. Add vanilla and egg, beating to combine
6. Stir in dry ingredients, blending well
7. Prepare filling: In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
8. With floured hands, roll the filling into 1-inch balls
9. Break off 1 tbsp of dough. Make indentation in the center and press a peanut butter ball into the indent.
10. Bring dough up over filling, pressing it closed.
11. Roll the cookie in the palms of your hands to smooth it out.
12. Dip the top of each cookie in granulated sugar and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart
13. Grease the bottom of a drinking glass and use it to flatten each cookie to about ½ inch thick14. Bake for 7-9 minutes
Adapted from: Recipe Girl
Come party with me HERE!