Monday, October 19, 2015

Ginger Beef with Mushrooms

I cut a deal with the cat today.
Yup. We held a conversation and came to a middle ground.

My lower back has not been my friend as of late. Still not sure what I did, but things on the ground are my arch nemesis. No way can I bend down to get any of it.

I was in the hall closet looking for a new container of soap...and I stupidly hit his bag of treats. Yeah, it made the crinkle noise and he came running. It was like slow motion watching said bag-o-treats hit the ground.
Yeah, not going to happen.

In front of my fur baby, I kicked the bag back into the closet and shut the door.
He was looking at me with that wounded look "how can you neglect me so"?

So, I said,
If you can wait 45 minutes until the girl comes home, I will make sure she gives you treats.
Please?
Just a little longer.
It's a lifetime in kitty minutes, I know...but pretty, pretty, pretty please!?

He meowed that it was OK.
I about attacked the girl when she came in. Just told her he needed treats.
Now that I think about it, she didn't ask why...or why they were on the floor.

Oblivious...or maybe not wanting to embarrass her Mama!
Probably more like she is just used to crazy mom. Yeah, I can buy that.

Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs stew beef
24 Baby carrots
1 Red bell pepper, chopped
1 Green bell pepper, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
8 oz white mushrooms (sliced)
2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 Cup beef broth
½ Cup hoisin sauce
¼ Cup quick cooking tapioca
White rice


Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients (except rice) in slow cooker
2. Cook on low 8-9 hours
3. Serve over white rice

Print


And of course I forgot an ingredient...shocker!




Adapted from: Moms with Crock Pots

Come party with me HERE!

http://celebrateanddecorate.com/

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to try you recipe for Ginger Beef and Mushrooms......sounds and looks so good. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the flavor of this dish. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story about your cat brought by fun memories - just the sound of the treat box used to make our late cats come running at great speed! Your Ginger Beef with Mushrooms sounds perfect for a cozy autumn supper. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This looks so good! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We love partying with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! Thank you so much for sharing over at Celebrate it Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us on Five Friday Finds! Did you end up remembering to add in the tapioca? Loving your cat story too. :)

    ReplyDelete