You know the kind. My mind was much more awake than my body was.
I tried my back, stomach, right side, left side.
I bargained with my brain.
I saw 2am come. How long I stayed awake after, I cannot be sure..but my freaking alarm goes off at 4:30am.
I spent my day in a bit of a fog.
Anyone who emailed me got this analogy:
Know what makes a day like that better?
Or any day that ends in "y" better?
Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
2 ¼ Cup all purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp salt
1 Cup butter (softened)
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Large eggs
11.5 oz package chocolate chunks
1 Cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
3. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture
6. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts (if using)
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet
8. Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool on baking rack.
Original Toll House Recipe