No frills, good food for a dang good price!
Many moons ago, they went to NC to film the movie Mr. Destiny
They used our little Greek place to film the restaurant scene! If memory serves, it was an Italian restaurant in the movie. I couldn't find a picture of it all done up for the movie, but found one of the restaurant (as it is now) from the outside. That'll do Pig.
I make sure to visit whenever I go "home"....but since we have nothing that compares to the yumminess here, I do the best I can. This recipe certainly filled the void!
2-2.5 Lbs boneless chicken breast
¼ Cup olive oil
2 Cloves garlic (minced)
1 ½ Tsp Greek seasoning
1 ½ Tsp dried oregano
1 ½ Tsp ground black pepper
½ Tsp salt
½ Cucumber (diced)
6 oz Plain Greek yogurt
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
2. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Greek seasoning, oregano, pepper, and salt together.
3. Pour sauce over meat at let marinade for several hours
4. Cook chicken in a skillet until cooked through
5. Mix cucumber and yogurt
6. Serve chicken in pita with a dallop of cucumber sauce