Monday, May 25, 2015

P.F. Chang's Shanghai Cucumbers

Hubby, the girl child, and I headed out to a farmstand today. It was PACKED!
Small location + long line= annoyed customers.

For the most part we all worked well together, helping people reach this and that, or moving so someone can head down one of the aisles.
There was this one poor guy trying to maneuver the tiny tight aisles with an entire cart of greenery. Oh my!

There was this one lady...I will call her frumpy yellow shirt girl (FYSG).
She was waiting in line with everyone else, but very antsy. Kept trying to move up, even though the line wasn't moving.
Then they opened the "cash only" line.
She tried to high-tail it around the outside of the building to get to it quickly.

While this was happening, a small line had formed at that register.
An older gentleman came up and asked me where the end of that line was. I told him, and he found his rightful place. (3rd and last in line)

FYSG weasled her way around the building, and tried to position herself after the first person. She did that whole "sliiiide in" maneuver.
Then she noticed everyone watching her.

It was a nice moment. She took her place in line behind the gentleman.

Moral of the story, don't try to sneak..people are watching you.

Second moral: love love love me some farm stand produce!


Ingredients:
12 oz peeled and seeded cucumbers cut into 1 inch pieces
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp white vinegar
¼ Tsp sesame oil
½ Tsp toasted sesame seeds


Directions:
1. Mix together the sauce ingredients
2. Mix cucumbers into sauce
3. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top

Print




Recipe adapted from here
This recipe was shared at these parties

13 comments:

  1. I found you from sew can do linky party and It looks so easy! I'll have to try it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is such a quick/easy summer side dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cucumbers sitting in my fridge right now - looks like I found my side dish for tonight! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks tasty! I didn't realize toasted sesame seeds were available in a bottle--my mom always toasts them herself, and it's such a pain that I've just never made anything with toasted sesame seeds because I didn't want to toast them....

    Here is another great way to use those fresh cucumbers: Cucumber Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute story. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cucumbers with sesame seeds sounds really amazing! Love it

    Carpet cleaners Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it always amazes me when someone thinks there time is more valuable than ! everyone else's! Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cucumber salad - I've never tried it with Asian flavors, though - can't want to put this on my menu. I'd love it if you'd share this with the Awesome Life Friday link up. :) http://rchreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really delicious!!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Brit I totally get the taking your rightful place in line thing - we are pretty pedantic about queueing!! I've never had Shanghai cucumbers before but they sound delicious - really refreshing and perfect for summer. Pinned. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gorgeous! This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, so we can party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cucumbers this time of year and can't wait to try this! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this dish and am very glad to have the recipe! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday, I just pinned this recipe it looks so good! Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete