Monday, May 18, 2015

Caprese Chicken

Prior to leaving for a vacation, I try to use up most anything that is around the house. We have some odd meals to say the least!
On the plus side, we are not wasting things that might have been "not so fresh" by the time we returned.
On the negative side, we come home and have to do the mother of all grocery shops!

This particular time, I was walking through the store, minding my own business when an older woman came up to me. She stopped me, looked at the cart, looked at me, and then said "Boy am I glad I don't have to pay for that" and walked away.
Huh?

The more I thought about it, the more rude it became to me.
Told hubby about it and he was all "I would have had some choice words for her".
Yeah, I am not about to start an argument with an old lady in the middle of the grocery.



Was she rude? I don't know, but it certainly was perceived that way.
Could she have just been making conversation? Maybe.
The world may never know.



Ingredients:
1 package chicken breast
1 Cup cherry tomato
1 Medium red onion (diced)
8 oz Mozzarella cheese (fresh block or ball)
¼ Cup chopped basil
⅓ Cup olive oil
⅓ Cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper


Directions:
1. Cut tomato and mozzarella into bite sized pieces
2. Add generous amount of salt and pepper. Add basil.
3. Add oil and vinegar
4. Mix well and let sit. Taste before serving to test seasoning.
5. Grill the chicken breast.
6. Serve chicken topped with tomato mixture.

Print


My caprese mixture

Probably one of the ugliest pictures ever..but boy did it taste good!


Come see where this recipe was shared!

5 comments:

  1. This looks really delicious. Hopefully the old lady was just trying to make conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks divine! Thanks for linking it up wtih us over at Country Fair Blog Party! I can't wait to see what you've been up to when we open our June one! You're the best!
    Jan @ Tip Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very weird conversation - I wouldn't have known how to take it either! Your Caprese Chicken sounds delicious, Jay. It's a lovely spring dish! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Caprese Chicken looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete