Monday, April 28, 2014

Herb Potato Salad

I am a potato salad snob.
I admit it.

Maybe it's because I am biased, but I tend to eat only my baked potato salad. (Not that it's a bad thing)
We were having some friends over, and I was making some chicken wings. Potato salad goes with wings like bubble-gum and shoe.

BUT...I was making my regular to bring to a family function the night prior, so I wanted to shake things up a bit.
Enter Ina Garten.
(I admit, I find this picture funnier than I should)

This recipe is hers, and I wasn't sure. Well. I loved it. I like it better room temperature, but that is all personal preference.

Ingredients:
3 Lbs small white boiling potatoes
Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp dry white wine
2 Tbs Chicken stock
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
½ Tsp dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
⅔ Cup olive oil
¼ Red onion (finely diced)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

Directions:
1. Place potatoes and 2 tbsp salt in large pot of water
2. Bring water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife
3. Drain in a colander. Place colander with potatoes over the empty pot off the heat and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel
4. Leave potatoes to steam for 15-20 minutes
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, 2 tsp salt, and ¾ tsp pepper.
6. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Set aside.
7. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into quarters or halves (size depending)
8. Place cut potatoes in a bowl and pour enough dressing over them to moisten
9. Add onion, tarragon, and parsley.
10. Salt and pepper to taste.
11. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend





This recipe was shared on:
Monday: Pioneer Momma, New Mama Diaries, Kitchen Table Art, Call me PMC, The Chicken Chick, Flour me with Love, Jam Hands, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, Feeding Big, Jambellish, All Things Fee, Boogieboard Cottage, Mom's the Word
Tuesday: Cornerstone Confessions, Inside Bru Crew Life, Memories by the Mile, Pint Sized Baker, A Peek into my Paradise, My Joy Filled Life,Our Table for Seven, Mandy's Recipe Box, Kathe with an E, Sweet Silly Sara, Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
Wednesday: The Newlywed Pilgrimage, Buns in my Oven, Crafty Allie, Lady Behind the Curtain, Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Wine and Glue, White Lights on Wednesday, Ginger Snap Crafts, Sew Crafty Angel, Mom's Test Kitchen, Mostly Homemade Mom, Lemoine Family Kitchen, Gooseberry Patch
Thursday: Sweet Haute, Lambert's Lately, Sweet Bella Roos, What's Cooking Love, Saving 4 Six, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Embracing Change, The Nourishing Gourmet
Friday: The Best Blog Recipes, Craft Dictator, Endlessly Inspired, The Grits Blog, O Taste and See, Hungry Harps, A Little Clarification, Daily Dish, The Better Baker, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Thirty Handmade Days, Angel's Homestead, Morsels of Life, Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom, What's Coking Ruthie, Northeast Bloggers, Craft O Maniac
Saturday: Coffee with us 3, Cheerios and Lattes, Simply GloriaSix Sisters Stuff, Sewlicious Home Decor, Weary Chef
Sunday: Denise Designed


11 comments:

  1. It's certainly different from the potato salad I make, which is the basic PS with mayo and hard-boiled eggs. I think I'd like it though! I'm certainly going to give it a try. Found you at the Weekend reTreat party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Kelly, I tend to just stick to one potato salad...DONE! I am enjoying playing around with different ones. Esp this one.

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great variation of potato salad! I love changing it up. Found you over on Weekend Potluck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cheryl,
    Thank you for the invite, I just posted and followed. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks deelish! Potato anything is a fav dish in this home.

    Please feel free to link this one up at my link up for more exposure :)
    http://www.parentingandhomeschoolinginfaith.com/2014/05/share-your-stuff-tuesdays-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm a potato salad snob as well, but your Herb Potato Salad would sure make my tasty list to try. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find the picture hilarious! Love the recipe too! . Thank you so much for linking up with "The Yuck Stops Here" link party. I hope you will join us again this week! We will be online at 8:00 pm EST tonight. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Thanks Teri, glad someone else shares my odd humor!

      Delete
  7. I love that Ina picture! Too funny!

    Great recipe too!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Join us again on Saturday morning at 8:00 am EST.

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit of a potato salad snob too. :) However, we do like to try new variations. Thanks for sharing on Five Friday Finds, and I look forward to what you bring this week!

    ReplyDelete