Guilt free (or at least less guilt) desserting!
Of course the picture in the cookbook shows these cakes with perfectly piped topping. Mine are a little more "rustic" looking. That being said, darling daughter spent quite some time yesterday trying to convince hubby and myself that we shouldn't bother tasting them. As she says "nope, they are horrible. You won't like them. Can't waste food though, so I will just be the one to eat them and save you the pain".
Oh she thinks she is so sly!
My batter was very crumbly, but I just smooshed it into the pan and crossed my fingers. Everything came out intact, so I guess that is OK.
(If you make these, let me know if you have the same problem)
1 Small package (9oz) devil’s food cake mix
¼ Cup sour cream
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
⅓ Cup coffee liqueur
Filling and Topping
1 ½ Cups thawed frozen whipped topping
8 oz Marscarpone cheese
¼ Cup powdered sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spray cups of a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
3. Combine cake mix, sour cream, egg, coffee granules, and water, mix.
4. Divide batter evenly among cups.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes
6. Meanwhile, place whipped topping into a large resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside.
7. Combine cheese, sugar, and vanilla; mix until smooth
8. Place filling into an additional resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside.
9. Remove cakes from oven. Using a tool, press tops of cakes to make slight, bowl shaped, indentations
10. Move cakes to cooling rack. Brush tops of each cake with coffee liqueur.
11. Cool completely
12. Trim both corners of both bags. Pipe filling over cakes.
13. Pipe whipped topping over filling
14. Sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired
This recipe was shared with:
Monday: Flour me with Love, Pioneer Momma, The Chicken Chick, New Mama Diaries, A Bright and Beautiful Life, Call me PMC, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Adventures in Mindful Living, Feeding Big, A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, Craft O Maniac, Inside Bru Crew Life, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish
Tuesday: Our Table for Seven, Mandy's Recipe Box, Cornerstone Confessions, Pint Sized Baker, Chef in Training, The Road to 31, Memories by the Mile, My Joy Filled Life, Kathe with an E, Sweet Silly Sara
Wednesday: Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Recipes for our Daily Bread, From Gate to Plate, White Lights on Wednesday, Wine and Glue, Buns in my Oven, Gingersnap Crafts, Sew Crafty Angel, Moms Test Kitchen, Lady Behind the Curtain, Crafty Allie, Mostly Homemade Mom, The Newlywed Pilgrimage, Lemoine Family Kitchen, Gooseberry Patch
Thursday: Kiddie Foodies, Whats Cooking Love, Lambert's Lately, Saving 4 Six, Embracing Change, Sweet Haute, Sweet Bella Roos, Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Friday: The Grits Blog, Play Party Pin, Endlessly Inspired, Hungry Harps, A Little Clarification, Daily Dish, The Country Cook, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Craft Dictator, Thirty Handmade Days, Angel's Homestead, Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom
Saturday: Simply Gloria, Made from Pinterest, Coffee with us 3, Six Sister's Stuff, Cheerios and Lattes, Sewlicious Home Decor, Raising Memories, Northeast Bloggers