Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Greek Spinach Feta Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce

Adapted from Baked Bree

Yesterday we went to visit my aunt and uncle. They are such fun people, we all get along much more like friends than relatives.

My aunt and I got to discussing some new recipes we have tried as of late. She showed me her nutty bacon thing she plans on making (waiting for her to send me the recipe) and we discussed these burgers that were for dinner last night.

I swear men have such selective hearing. Had we of been talking about anything else, he still would have been glued to the T.V. with my uncle.
This is what he heard "blah blah vegetarian dinner tonight blah blah" and some man alarm went off inside him and he felt the need to step in.

Hubby: What was that you said, we are having burgers made with spinach and feta?
Me: Yup, you heard right
Aunt: You have to send me that recipe, I want to try it. Just me. None of my guys will touch it.
Hubby: And rightfully so, burgers have MEAT...otherwise they are just patties on a bun.
Me: :::sigh::: you like everything that is in them
Hubby: Yeah, but burgers are meat. When do I get to start having a say in this?
Me: When you start doing all the planning, all the cooking, and all the cleaning...you can then do all the deciding.

Needless to say, nothing else was said about it.

We get home, I am making dinner, and very quietly I hear..."hey, something smells really good"
:::smile:::

Dinner is now served. Hubby takes one bite and says something like "oh my word, this is really good, in fact, I can't wait until you make them again"

Is this really the same guy I came home with last night?

Happy wife though, he listened to me!

Ingredients:
Burger
¼ Cup olive oil
1 Clove minced garlic
1 Tsp dried oregano
1 Tsp dried dill
1 Cup herbed stuffing mix
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
½ Cup feta cheese (crumbled)
Salt and Pepper

Assembly
4 Hamburger buns
1 Red pepper
1 Red onion (sliced thin)
1 Tomato (sliced)

Sauce
1 Small container plain greek yogurt
1 Small cucumber, chopped finely
1 Minced garlic clove
1 ½ Tsp lemon juice
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
2. Coat the stuffing mix with the olive oil mixture.
3. Add eggs, feta, and spinach
4. Shape into 4 patties
5. Heat a pan to medium high heat. Cook patties  3-4 minutes per side.
6. Combine all ingredients for the yogurt sauce
7. Assemble burgers, topping with your choice of veggies and the yogurt sauce


Print


My "burger" ingredients

For the burger assembly

Cucumber yogurt sauce

Hearty and delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment