Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chili Pizza

Adapted from McCormick

I have the best neighbors!
We all get a long so well, they are helpful, friendly, everything we could ask for.
(gee, I hope they feel the same!)

The wife came over one day to return a bag full of containers.
(I am constantly leaving little food packages hanging from their door. No complaints yet!)
She was chattier than usual and wanted to discuss movies.

OK, we can do this. The 4 of us talked for a bit, and then I had to break off as I had my ground beef cooking.
She followed me into the kitchen and was watching me mix everything.

She asked what I was making, and seemed interested when I described it to her.

After she left and I finished cooking, I sent her a text with a picture.
Imagine my disappointment when she didn't check her phone until the next day, but oh well!
At least we got to have a new conversation about how well it reheats for lunch.
(The answer is "very well" in case you were wondering!)

Ingredients:
1 Lb ground beef
1 Pkg chili seasoning mix
1 Can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes (cut up)
1 Can (14.5 oz) pinto or kidney beans (drained)
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 Can (4 oz) black olives
8 Large flour tortillas (burrito sized)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Brown ground beef and drain
3 Stir in seasoning mix, tomatoes, and beans; cook 5-10 minutes
4. Arrange tortillas in a circle on a 12 inch pizza pan, overlapping edges
5. Spoon ground beef mixture onto tortillas
6. Top with cheese and olives
7. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted


Print


Ingredients: Minus the olives...I am anti olive...sorry girl child!

All baked and crispy

Served with sour cream on the side



No comments:

Post a Comment