Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chicken Salad (Willow Tree Copy Cat)

I had a hankering for some chicken salad. I knew I had some shredded chicken in the fridge and knew 90% of the work was already done for me.

I was sitting on the couch, playing on the computer, organizing a bunch of online recipes I had saved...and just happened to pull up this one. Blindly!
A quick scan of the recipe told me I already had the ingredients on hand.

As we all know, this is an obvious sign and it must be followed. Karma likes when we do things like this.

Into the kitchen I go...and less than 10 minutes later I had a delicious lunch!
We used potato rolls, as they are our fave. Hubby and the girl both wanted a thick slice of tomato on theirs. Mine was just in a cup...no bread needed!

I am typing this the next day....and I can't get it out of my mind! I think I need to go make another batch, it was simply that good!

Ingredients:
1 Lb cooked chicken breast
¾ Cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp finely minced celery
3 Tbsp finely minced onion
1 Tbsp brown sugar
⅛ Tsp garlic powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper

1. Shred chicken breast
2. Add all other ingredients, stir to mix well
3. Serve with tomato/lettuce if desired


Print


I used about 2 cups of shredded chicken.

Must make NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment