Monday, June 24, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

We are not a breakfast family.
Scratch that, we love love love breakfast for dinner!
As a general rule, we don't have a meal until lunch though.

I had a good friend and her (gorgeous, sweet, smart) daughter come here for a visit last summer. We did a bunch of touristy things, you know how it goes.
One morning, on our way to pick them up, we were stopping for coffee. Sent a text asking if they wanted anything...a bagel for each.
They get in the car and devoured said bagels. She mentioned something about not being able to wait as long as they did yesterday.
Whoops! Leave it to us to starve our friends!
Yes, I am that kind of person. Apparently.

My friend and I are still on speaking terms, thankfully, and she tells me she reads my blog faithfully. Wonder if she will remember and laugh about my torture methods.

While making sense of my box of random recipes, I found this one. It is hand written by me, so I assume I had made it at some point in my life...but just to be on the safe side, I made it again to ensure it is as yummy as it sounds.

My daughter had friends spending the night. Just because we don't eat first meal (as a general rule, and rules are made to be broken) doesn't mean they should go hungry.

Made this the day before, as stated, and cooked it up in the am.

In my handwritten instructions, it just says sausage. It does not specify Italian or breakfast. I used bulk sweet sausage instead of cutting up links, but I think it would be just as good either way.


Ingredients:
1 Lb sausage
1 (8oz) package shredded cheddar cheese
½ pint half and half
6 Eggs
6 Slices of bread
Butter

Directions:
1. Cut edges off bread. Butter bread and place in 9x13 dish.
2. Brown sausage, drain, cut into small pieces and put over bread.
3. Sprinkle cheese over sausage
4. Mix eggs and ½ and ½ together. Pour into dish.
5. Refrigerate overnight
6. Preheat oven to 350. Cook for 45 minutes.


Print


Ingredients

It was a hit! The girl and her friends went back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment