Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle

I won a Pampered Chef cookbook at a party once. One of those deals where you get a ticket for showing up on time and then tickets are drawn from a hat.
I never win anything...yay me!

Hubby dearest came to me one day with this thin booklet made entirely out of dust.
It was my prize winning cookbook, it had fallen behind something and I never thought about it ever again until he found it.

Time to use it!

We had no homemade sweets in the house, and our fave neighbors were celebrating their anniversary. Such a dessert is easy enough to make in halves....since we don't need much, and they deserved some.

I decided to make this trifle, and it was incredibly delicious!
I used unsweetened raspberries though, and I think it was the best part. The tart really set it apart with all the sweet in this dish.

Ingredients:
1 Cup milk
1 Package (3.3 oz) white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding
1 Tub (16 oz) whipped topping (thawed)
1 box (12 oz) vanilla wafers
1 Cup milk chocolate morsels
1 Jar (12 oz) seedless raspberry jam
1 Bag (12 oz)  frozen sweetened raspberries (not in syrup) (thawed)

Directions:
1. Combine milk and pudding mix. Whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
2. Reserve ½ cup of the whipped topping
3. Gently fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Combine chocolate morsels, reserved whipped topping, and half of the jam in a small microwavable bowl.
5. Microwave on high 40-60 seconds, or until melted, stirring after each 20 seconds.
6. Stir melted ganache mixture until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup for garnish.
7. Place remaining jam into a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds or until melted.
8. Place berried into a bowl, pour jam over berries, stir gently.
9. Set aside 16 cookies for garnish. Break remaining cookies in half.
10. To assemble, place one third of the broken cookies into the bottom. Layer one third of the raspberry mixture. Top with one third of the pudding mixture, and one third of the ganache.
11. Repeat layers two more times.
12. Finish with a smooth layer of ganache. Place reserved cookies on top of trifle.


Print


I had vanilla pudding on hand, so I used that instead of white chocolate

The world's shortest, ugliest trifle! I should have piped in the ingredients, and it would also be prettier if I didn't make one for the neighbors too (this is only about half of the trifle)

This recipe was shared with: Daily Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment