Monday, May 8, 2017

Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread (Bread Machine)

I know some people have strong, negative feelings about chain restaurants. That's O.K. everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Me, I happen to not mind some of them. One of my family's favorite go-to restaurants is the Outback.
We are suckers for a Bloomin Onion, (ranch on the side please!) and hubby LOVES their massive 22 oz whatever it is steak.

One perk to going is the bread they give you before every meal. It's always warm, crusty, and delicious. We need to be careful though, one could easily eat enough of just the bread that there is no room when the actual meal comes!

I spied this recipe on CD Kitchen and adapted it with some of the ideas in the comments.
All in all, this was yummy. I served it with honey butter to try to further replicate the in-restaurant flavor.

The bread isn't as dark as the original, I think I need to play with the food coloring amounts, but it's easy and tastes pretty similar.

Ingredients:
1 ½ Cup warm water
2 Tbsp butter (softened)
½ Cup honey
2 ½ Cups bread flour
2 ½ Cups wheat flour
1 Tbsp cocoa
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tsp instant coffee
1 Tsp salt
2 ¼ Tsp yeast
1 Tbsp molasses
¼ Cup dry milk
3 Tbsp cornmeal (for dusting)
1 ¼ tsp Red food coloring
1 Tsp Yellow food coloring
1 Tsp Blue food coloring


Directions:
1. Place all ingredients (except cornmeal) in bread machine and process on dough setting.
2. Let dough rise 1 hour
3. Punch down and divide into 8 portions
4. Form each portion into tubular loaves
5. Sprinkle entire surface of loaves with cornmeal
6. Place on cookie sheet, cover, and let rise for 1 hour

7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

Print




Come party with me HERE!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this bread! YUM!! Pinned! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like some chain restaurants too, Jay, and I do find a bloomin' onion hard to resist. My husband loves breads like this, and I'm so glad you have shared this recipe with us at Hearth and Soul. And while I do enjoy making bread from scratch, I love that it is a convenient bread machine recipe too. My bread machine is a real help in the kitchen! Thank you so much for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have the best bread! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! My boys love their bread. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing like fresh bread from a steakhouse! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are Bread lovers and this recipe looks awesome! Hope you are having a fantastic week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. We will look forward to seeing you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing nicer that the taste of home made bread. Pinning to try, thanks so much for the share

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been forever since we went to outback.There aren't any nearby. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the Inspiration Spotlight party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just awesome. This bread is looking quite unique and tasty. Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread is my brother's Favorite bread. I like the Chicken bread more.

    ReplyDelete