As someone who uses their crock pot up to 3 times a week, you can imagine how vocal I am about the many, many uses for a crock pot.
I mentioned being able to make bread and one co-worker's eyes got huge.
Seriously huge, like a Disney character huge.
"You can make bread...in a crock pot???!!!"
Why yes, yes you can!
I wanted to surprise her the next day at work. A quick Google search came up with this recipe, and I already had everything on hand. Score!
I got this made, let it cool, cut it up and brought it into work.
An email went out to my lunch group telling them all about what goodies awaited them that morning.
Felt pretty popular as my cubicle was the most visited desk all day.
Everyone thought it was delicious and could not believe when I told them how easy it was!
3 ½ Cups all purpose flour
1 Packet dry active yeast
1 ¼ Cups warm water
¼ Cup rosemary
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tsp sugar
1 Tsp sea salt
1. In large bowl, mix together water, yeast, and sugar.
2. Let yeast mixture sit for 10 minutes (bubbly)
3. Stir in half the salt (½ Tsp), half of the rosemary, olive oil, and flour
4. Mix until fully combined
5. Lightly grease a large bowl and place dough in it
6. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave dough in a warm area.
7. Let rise for 1 hour
8. Remove dough from bowl and roll into a bowl on a lightly floured surface
9. Let sit for an additional 20 minutes
10. Set crock pot to high
11. Line crock pot with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch handle on each end
12. Place dough in crock pot and sprinkle with remaining salt and rosemary
13. Drape paper towels over the top of the crock pot and place lid (to catch the condensation)
14. Cook bread for 2 hours and remove from crock pot15. Optional: Broil loaf for 3-5 minutes to brown crust
Come party with me HERE!