I love me some super fast weeknight dinners, and this totally fits that bill.
My magazine swapping friend handed me an issue of Woman's Day and this was inside. (it's like a gift within a gift!)
I whipped these up one night for dinner. Hubby and the girl both ate 2 each! One satisfied me...and it left enough for lunch the next day.
(Ours didn't make 8, it made 6 because I couldn't find the small tortillas that day, we used medium)
So, I bring this into work the next day and everyone in the breakroom started going nuts! "What smells so good" "what is that" "how do you make it".
I have the feeling this will be on everyone's tables soon...I know it will be on ours again really soon!
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
½ Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tsp soy sauce
1 Bag cole slaw mix
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 Cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Lb ground beef
1 Tbsp canola oil
8 Small flour tortillas (warmed)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, red pepper, and 2 tsp soy sauce
2. Add cole slaw mix and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally.
3. In second bowl, combine sugar, garlic, ginger and 2 Tbsp soy sauce. Add beef mixture and combine.
4. Heat oil in large skillet.
5. Add onion and cook until tender
6. Add beef mixture and cook, breaking it up with a spoon7. Fill tortillas with beef and top with the slaw