It did come from a mom...my aunt's mom.
(no, that does not make her my grandmother...this would be an aunt by marriage)
She did not make this up, she found it somewhere once upon a time.
Mom B has been making this for so many years now, she wasn't sure where it originally came from.
This is quick enough to make as a weeknight meal (oh how I love those!), it was done in less than 30 minutes.
The girl child is a clam chowder purist. She likes it one way and one way only (so far). She took about 3 bites and respectfully asked to make something else for herself.
Hubby and I enjoyed it though. It has a nice clam flavor without being overpowering.
I would make this again, but probably not when the girl is at home looking to be fed.
1 Tbsp butter
1-2 Onions (sliced)
1 Cup water
2-3 Potatoes (cubed)
1 Can corn (drained)
1 Can baby clams (with juice)
1 Can minced clams (with juice)
1 Cup dry milk powder
1. Heat butter and onions in saucepan
2. Heat onions until cooked through and browning
3. Add water, potato, corn, minced clams (and juice), and baby clams (and juice)
4. Cook until potatoes are tender
5. Add dry milk powder
6. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder7. Cook about 10 minutes
Come party with me HERE!