I understand, as a southern girl, I have seen these sandwiches at many a funeral...but still!
We could call them something like "ham and cheese sweet yummies". What do you think?
The recipe I found on Sunday Baker calls for Hawaiian sweet rolls (which are a-ma-zing) but, sadly, my local Stop and Shop does not carry them. I was not going to run from store to store, so I bought some Portuguese sweet rolls.
The inclusion of mustard is non descriptive. I used dijon as it gives a nice taste with the sweet rolls and ham. You can use any kind that you like.
12 Sweet rolls
1 Lb thin sliced ham
Thin sliced swiss cheese
½ Cup butter (melted)
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp mustard
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Dash of onion powder
1. Cut rolls in half and place in 9 x 13 pan
2. Add ham and cheese to each roll
3. Mix butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, and onion powder
4. Pour the liquid over the sandwiches, drenching each one
5. Cover tightly and marinate a minimum of 4 hours
6. Preheat oven to 3507. Bake for 15 minutes (uncovered)
Come party with me HERE!