I can vouch for hubby dearest being a manly man. He drinks beer, watches sports, scratches, and does hard labor all day long.
(um, yeah, hard labor makes it sound like he is incarcerated! No, he is a blue collar worker type man)
Hubby has a secret though....
He likes quiche.
Every kind I have ever made him, he has enjoyed. His favorite being this one.
It helps that he is a spinach/feta junkie.
I could probably get him to eat a boiled tire if I filled it with spinach and feta.
OK, now I just sound bizarre.
We do not eat tires....promise.
**NOTE** this is not an actual picture of hubby dearest
1 Pkg frozen spinach (thawed)
½ Cup feta cheese
1 pie crust
¼ Cup half and half
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease 9 inch pie plate
3. Roll pie crust out onto plate
4. Whisk egg and half and half until well mixed.
5. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture
6. Drain spinach, squeezing out all liquid
7. Line bottom crust with spinach and top with feta
8. Pour egg mixture over feta and spinach
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes until egg is set in middle
10. Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
Flour me with Love, Tumbleweed Contessa, Kitchen Table Art , A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, Sew Can Do, Mom's the Word, The Modest Mom Blog, 21st Century Housewife, Pint Sized Baker, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cornerstone Confessions