Monday, September 8, 2014

White Bean Dip with Parmesan and Sage

Would you believe before I tried this recipe I had never heard of Cannellini beans, much less knew what they were?

I stood in the grocery, checking out the canned beans until I finally found them.

I found out the following trivia

  • They are a member of the kidney bean family
  • They are mistaken for great northern beans frequently
  • They are available canned or dried all year long
  • They have a fluffy, yet smooth texture when cooked
Now that I am familiar, I will be using them more often. Cannellini beans are a great source of iron and we could always use more of that in our diet!


Ingredients:

1 (15 oz) Can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)

¼ Cup firmly packed finely grated parmesan cheese

3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 Clove garlic (minced)

¼ Tsp kosher salt

⅛- ¼ Tsp cayenne pepper

1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves

1 Tbsp minced chives


Directions:

1. In food processor, combine beans, cheese, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper

2. Puree until smooth

3. Add sage and pulse to combine
4. Serve with pita bread, pretzels, or vegetables

This recipe was shared with:
Monday: Flour me with Love, Pioneer Momma, Homemaking with Style, Mom Favorites, Kitchen Table Art, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Feeding Big, A Southern Fairytale, A Pinch of Joy, The Modest Mom Blog, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Home Schooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, 21st Century Housewife, Sew Can Do, Mom's the Word
Tuesday: Kathe with an E , The New Mrs Adventures, Cornerstone Confessions, Inside Bru Crew Life, Pint Sized Baker, Memories by the Mile , Lou Lou Girls, Time Warp Wife, Minivan Dreams, Mandy's Recipe Box, Hope Studios, Hope in Every Season , Stone Gable Blog, Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos , Our Table for Seven     
Wednesday:  Dizzy Busy and Hungry , Buns in my Oven , Milk and Cuddles, Raising Homemakers, White Lights on Wednesday, A Peek into my Paradise, Gingersnap Crafts, Mom's Test Kitchen, Crafty Allie, Mostly Homemade Mom, The Newlywed Pilgrimage, Lemoine Family Kitchen         
Thursday:  Miz Helen's Country Cottage , What's Cooking Love, Lambert's Lately, Saving 4 Six, Sweet Haute, Katherine's Corner  , Sweet Bella Roos, Embracing Change, Nourishing Gourmet
Friday: O Taste and See , The Grits Blog , Coffee with us 3, Pure Grace Farms, Simple Nature Decor, The Better Baker, Endlessly Inspired, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Marly's This and That, Thirty Handmade Days, City of Creative Dreams, Lady Behind the Curtain, The Diary of a Real Housewife, Beauty Through Imperfection, Craft O Maniac, The Girl Creative, Morsels of Life
Saturday: Six Sister's Stuff , Simply Gloria, Raising Memories , Weary Chef, Sewlicious Home Decor
Sunday:   Three Mango Seeds, A Peek into my Paradise  

Recipe adapted from Cookin Canuck

12 comments:

  1. Your recipe sounds great! I have sage and chives in my garden and will certainly try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm parmesan and sage, this dip sounds super flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of cannellini beans, the Parmesan and sage sound wonderful! I would be honored if you would stop by and share at Foodie Fridays. The party begins Thursday, 9pm EST. Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Shari
    http://puregracefarms.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrilled you stopped by at Foodie Fridays. Hope to see you there again this week. Pinning.
      Blessings,
      Shari

      Delete
  4. Sounds simple enough. I think the only bean dip that I've enjoyed is hummus. Pinned! Thank you for linking up with Creative Style Linkup! Have a blessed weekend!

    Your co-host, April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious I am fan of Cannelini beans, this dip sounds great. thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently tried a white bean hummus and loved it. Love the recipe! This recipe looks like one we will try! Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! I pinned it so I can try it soon!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a cannellini bean hummus recipe that I love! This looks great too! I love all the flavors. Thanks for sharing it with us at Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to try this delicious dip! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete