Monday, September 22, 2014

Pumpkin Dip

I have a confession.
I feel very strongly about this.
Pumpkin is not a food!

I can't help it, it's just the way I am.
I have an aunt who feels the same way. At Thanksgiving, while everyone else is gobbling it down...we shiver in the corner.

That being said...
I really like this dip! There is enough spice between the dip and the cookies...and the sweet sugar, that masks the pumpkin taste for me.

My mother handed this recipe down to me. She made it all the time for functions. She was able to find cute little pumpkins to serve it in...me...not so lucky. OH WELL, a bowl will work!

This one time we were driving about an hour to friend's house.
Dad took a corner...and so did this dip.
Oh the mess!
Pumpkin everywhere!
That car smelled like pumpkin pie spice for the rest of it's "life".

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (softened)
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
3 Tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Serve with ginger snaps






This recipe was shared with:
Tuesday: The New Mrs Adventures , Pint Sized Baker, Memories by the Mile, Kathe with an E, Cornerstone Confessions, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Inside Bru Crew Life, Lou Lou Girls, Time Warp Wife, Minivan Dreams, Mandy's Recipe Box, Hope Studios, Stone Gable Blog, Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos, The Journey Back, Hope in Every Season
Wednesday: Recipes for our Daily Bread , Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Milk and Cuddles , Raising Homemakers, White Lights on Wednesday, Lemoine Family Kitchen, Buns in my Oven, A Peek into my Paradise, Ginger Snap Crafts, Mom's Test Kitchen, Crafty Allie, The Newlywed Pilgrimage
Thursday: Katherine's Corner, Sweet Bella Roos , Lambert's Lately , Sweet Haute , What's Cooking Love, Saving 4 Six, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Embracing Change  
Friday: Play Party Pin , Pure Grace Farms, The Grits Blog, Happy and Blessed Home, Coffee with Us 3, Simple Nature Decor, Daily Dish , The Better Baker, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Thirty Handmade Days, City of Creative Dreams , The Diary of a Real Housewife, Craft O Maniac, The Girl Creative , Morsels of Life , Lady Behind the Curtain
Saturday: Beauty Through Imperfection , Six Sisters Stuff, Raising Memories , Belle of the Kitchen
Sunday:   A Peek into my Paradise , Three Mango Seeds        

23 comments:

  1. Well since I already like pumpkin, this should be a winner for me! Pinning it - I have a huge pumpkin sitting here and I need to find something tasty to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin pie and would be with the rest of your family gobbling it down! I am glad you have this great dip so you can enjoy some pumpkin too! Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my yes what a great recipe to share I love this type of dish something most will enjoy and I know I will
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin everything...so after gobbling the pie down, I'd have some of your dip :)

    PInning it!
    Thanks for sharing :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin, and this dip looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great post. You had me laughing. I am so sorry the dip spilled! This does sound good! I'd love you to link at the Fabulous Fall linky party! Come and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking! I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, love pumpkin :))) Must try it out :) Just popping over from Katherine's Corner blog hop. Have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at Motivation Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is a unique must try recipe. #KatherinesCorner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I love pumpkin dip!!! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pumpkin but I prefer it in sweet recipes as opposed to savory ones so your Pumpkin Dip is perfect for me! It sounds absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop, Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really great!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the car story! I bet that car did smell FOR-EV-ER! I bet you could have sold it for a fortune to a pumpkin pie lover, lol! I'm so happy that you joined us again this week to share this yummy recipe on The Yuck Stops Here! See you next Tuesday! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so good! I'm drooling right now. Pinned. We had so much fun partying with you at our last party. We hope to see you tonight's party at 7 pm. We love to see what you have been working on! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a fool for pumpkin pie! I go crazy for the holiday only, but any other time of year not interested! Thanks for sharing this on Fabulous Friday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I think anything with Pumpkins a food :) Your dip sounds delicious too! Yum! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Fridays. Hope to see you again tomorrow.
    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love pumpkin! And yes it is a food! A Delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to DIY inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being featured on The Wednesday Roundup Link Party this past week! Not only are you featured but also pinned to our features pinterest board {http://www.pinterest.com/anglemoine/the-wednesday-roundup-features/}... we'd love to have you stop by again this coming Wednesday! ~Angela @ LeMoine Family Kitchen

    ReplyDelete