I have never actually had spumoni ice cream....but I am thinking I would love it. All the flavors are ones I like, especially the cherry and pistachio!
Watch your brownies while cooking. The original recipe calls for 18-20 minutes. Mine were still raw and liquid in the middle after 20. I ended up cooking them for about 30-35, and that still left them gooey like I enjoy.
Know thine oven!
½ Cup plus ¾ Tsp vegetable oil, divided
¼ Cup shelled pistachios
1 Jar (10 oz) marachino cherries (drained)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
¼ Cup powdered sugar
2 Tsp almond extract
5 drops each green and red food coloring
1 Package fudge brownie mix
¼ Cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Lightly brush 9 x 13 inch pan with ¾ tsp oil
3. Finely chop pistachios, and also cherries (keep separate)
4. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mix until smooth
5. Place half of the cream cheese mixture into a separate bowl
6. To one half, add pistachios, almond extract, and green food coloring
7. To remaining cream cheese mixture, add half of the cherries and red food coloring
8. Combine brownie mix, egg, remaining oil, remaining cherries, and water. Mix well.
9. Pour batter into pan. Add colored mixtures to the top. Using a knife, swirl red and green for a marbled effect.
10. Bake 18-20 minutes.
Ingredients: Yes, I shelled the pistachios myself
So bright and pretty! Would be cute for Christmas.
This recipe was shared with:
Monday: Jam Hands, A Bright and Beautiful Life, Adventures in Mindful Living, Flour me with Love, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Pioneer Momma, A Southern Fairytale, New Mama Diaries, Call me PMC, The Chicken Chick, A Peek into my Paradise, Feeding Big, A Pinch of Joy, Uncommon Designs, Craft O Maniac
Tuesday: Pint Sized Baker, Our Table for Seven, Yesterfood , A Peek into my Paradise, Cornerstone Confessions, Chef in Training, Kathe with an E, Inside Bru Crew Life, The Road to 31, Mandy's Recipe Box, My Joy Filled Life, This Ole Mom, Sweet Silly Sara
Wednesday: Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Crafty Allie, From Gate to Plate, Sew Crafty Angel, The Newlywed Pilgrimage, Lambert's Lately, White Lights on Wednesday, Buns in my Oven, Ginger Snap Crafts, Mostly Homemade Mom, Jam Hands, Mom's Test Kitchen, The Tasty Fork, Lady Behind the Curtain, Lemoine Family Kitchen
Thursday: The Grits Blog, Saving 4 Six, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Embracing Change, Sweet Haute, Sweet Bella Roos, What's Cooking Love
Friday: Endlessly Inspired, Craft Dictator, Play Party Pin, A Conquered Mess, A Little Clarification, The Better Baker, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Thirty Handmade Days
Saturday: Angel's Homestead, Made From Pinterest, Beauty Through Imperfection, The Bitter Side of Sweet, Sewlicious, Cheerios and Lattes, Six Sister's Stuff, Mommy on Demand
Sunday: Denise Designed