The smell, the taste, the bubbling sounds, it all just makes me smile warmly.
This is another recipe that came from a Diane Mott Davidson book.
(I really will get around to reading them all one day)
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
6 Cloves garlic (chopped)
4 Cups chicken broth
6 oz Cheese tortellini
14 oz Diced tomatoes (with liquid)
10 oz Spinach
8 Basil leaves
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes
3. Add broth and bring to a boil
4. Add tortellini and cook halfway
5. Add tomatoes and their liquid, reduce heat to simmer
6. Cook until pasta is tender
7. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted8. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese
I always have all this stuff on hand!
Taking it out of the freezer now for lunch tomorrow...