Monday, November 18, 2013

Banana Bread

If I had it my way, bananas would be banned from my house.
The girl child and hubby dearest don't see eye to eye with me on this matter, so they keep insisting that we keep buying them.
:::gag:::

That being said...those who happen to live with me, and force bananas into my fruit bowl...they NEVER eat all of them.
So, all those over ripe bananas work their way into a bag in my freezer until I have enough to make this bread. (which (funny enough) I do really like this bread!)

The more I think about it, they might do this on purpose to ENSURE that I make this.
Hm...do I smell a conspiracy?





Ingredients:

3 Bananas

1 Cup sugar

1 Egg (beaten well)

2 Cups flour (sifted)

1 Tsp baking soda

1 Tsp baking powder

¼ Tsp salt

3 Tbsp melted butter


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Grease and flour loaf pan
3. Mix all ingredients
4. Bake for 1 hour

Print


I would suggest bananas that are a bit more ripe, but these worked OK

I like mine with cream cheese, the girl likes hers with butter

This recipe was shared with: Flour me with Love, Pioneer Momma, Jam Hands, A Peek Into My Paradise, Frugal Foodie Mama, A Bright and Beautiful Life,  A Southern Fairytale, Inside Bru Crew Life, Chef in Training, Mandy's Recipe Box, Pint Sized Baker, Anyonita's Nibbles, The Tasty Fork, Buns in my Oven, A Peek Into my Paradise, Mom's Test Kitchen, Lady Behind the Curtain, Sweet Haute, Lamberts Lately, Saving 4 Six, Life After Laundry, and Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms, Future ExPat

1 comment:

  1. I love banana bread! I can't eat bananas by themselves (texture thing), but I love to put them in breads and cakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking up to What'd You Do This Weekend!

    --Ashley

    ReplyDelete