Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mint Triangles

I was given, during one of those at home parties, a Pampered Chef mini cookbook. I have made some of the desserts in it, and they have all been good.

The girl child and I spied these in the book and started drooling. Not to mention, hubby is anti-mint chocolate (some weird childhood thing. Whatever.) so we knew we could make them and have them be safe, and ours, and yummy.

I got all the ingredients, with the exception of the almond bark. 4 stores I went to! No almond bark, no candy melts, no white dipping chocolate. Nothing. :::sigh:::
There were a few things I was ordering from Amazon, so I added some candy melts to the order.

In the meantime...my mother came to visit.
My mother has a sweet tooth like you only read about!
I kept chasing her away from the "snack shelf" to make sure she didn't eat my mint cookies!

Package arrived....dessert was made.

Since then, I have been to TONS of stores...and they ALL have almond bark or candy melts. :::sigh:::


Ingredients:
Crust
2 (10 oz) packages of fudge covered mint cookies
½ Cup butter
1 ¼ Cup semi sweet chocolate morsels


Filling and Topping

10 oz Vanilla Almond Bark

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened

1 Tsp peppermint extract

6 Drops green food coloring

¼ Cup semi sweet chocolate morsels


Directions:

Crust

1.  Place half of the cookies in a large resealable bag. Crush into very fine crumbs. Repeat with remaining cookies.

2. Place butter and chocolate morsels in small bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes or until butter is melted.

3. Stir until smooth

4. Add chocolate mixture to crumbs, mix until all crumbs are moistened.

5. Spread moistened cookie mixture over a small/medium sheet pan. Pack firmly using hands.

6. Place into freezer for 10 minutes.


Filling

1. Microwave almond bark, uncovered, on high 2-3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds until bark is mostly melted.

2. Stir until smooth.

3. Whisk in extract and food coloring
4. Spread filling over crust, set aside.

Topping
1. Microwave remaining morsels, uncovered, on high 30-45 seconds or until melted.
2. Place in small resealable bag, twist top, and cut off corner.
3. Drizzle over dessert.
4. Let stand until chocolate is firm.


Print


My candy melts I searched high and low for

Soooo rich! Make sure you have milk on hand!

This recipe was shared at: The Lady Behind the Curtain, The Tasty Fork,  White Lights on Wednesday, Buns in my Oven, Lambert's Lately, Sugar and Dots, What's Cooking Love, Saving 4 Six, Embracing Change, Gooseberry Patch, The Bitter Side of Sweet, Sweet Haute, The Grits Blog, The Brambleberry Cottage, and With a Blast

2 comments:

  1. Man oh man those look tasty - and need to get in my belly! If you have a Michaels in your town - make a pit stop! They normally carry the candy melts.

    Thank you for stopping by and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! Thanks for linking to Less Laundry, More Linking party!

    ReplyDelete