Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gorgonzola Cheese Cups with Hazelnut Green Salad

I did a brunch for hubby's side of the family. It was really nice: his mom, his sister, her hubby, his mother, and my hubby's aunt.

I had some basic brunch dishes available along with the regular fruit and danish (homemade of course. Not homemade fruit, I am not that talented)

I had been planning on making this to go with dinner for us one night, but there are only 3 of us...and would be 8 of us on this day.
Better size planning if you ask me!

Well, I think I did something wrong.
My cups were not really cups. When I try it again, I will make cups using a MINI muffin pan. These were more like disks with rounded edges.

No problem though, we just made up the salad, had the crisps on the side, and had a good laugh at my expense!


Ingredients:


1 Cup (packed) Parmesan cheese

8 Tsp gorgonzola cheese

1 Tsp all purpose flour

1 Cup (packed) baby spring mix

2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts

1 Pear, chopped to ½ inch dice

1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil


Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and flour
2. Heat a small, nonstick skillet over med-low heat.
3. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of the Parmesan mixture into a 4-inch circle in the middle of the skillet.
4. Sprinkle 1 Tsp of gorgonzola cheese over the parmesan
5. Cook until the circle starts to hold together as you lift it off the pan.
6. Flip cheese to the other side, cook for an additional 20 seconds
7. Gently press the circle into a muffin tin.
8. Repeat with remaining cheese to make a total of 8 cups
9. In medium bowl, combine spring mix, hazelnuts, pear, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
10. Place cheese cups on a serving platter and gently fill with salad


Print


Yet AGAIN, just imagine there is a bottle of EVOO and balsamic vinegar in this picture.

Note: I did not take a picture of my salad. When I make these again, and I will, I will update the image

This recipe has been shared on the following: The Lady Behind the Curtain, Sugar and Dots, Our Table for Seven, The Tasty Fork, Lambert's Lately, White Lights on Wednesday, What's Cooking Love, and With a Blast

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! Just stopping by to let you know I nominated you for a Sunshine Award! Have a great day :-)
    See your nomination post here

    ReplyDelete