Monday, September 24, 2018

Red Beans and Rice

The girl child and I ran a couple of errands today
(do I win the fun day with mom award or what?)

We needed to stop at some drug store or superstore for a couple things for the house.
As we were leaving one place, we noticed a drug store across the way.

We knew it was there, but it's not often we would shop at that end of town as we have the same sort of stores closer to home. This day though, I would have had to pull a U-Turn to get to the one closer to home...or...just pull into this store's parking lot and get what we needed.

We both decided that would be the smarter option. Just for the 2 things we needed.
Yeah.
Have you ever walked into a store and felt dirty?

This is a chain, and they are building new ones everywhere...but apparently they decided this one was not worth renovating.
The shelves were messy, the employees looked like they hated their jobs, and even the clientele seemed a little "odd".
We grabbed what we needed and high-tailed it out of there.

Granted, we got what we needed, but I think that will be our first and last trip to that particular location. We will stick to the newer stores.


Ingredients:
2 Pkg Kielbasa
1 Pkg center cut ham (cubed)
1 Lb red beans (soaked overnight)
1 Lg yellow onion (diced)
1 Green pepper (diced)
1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients into a large pot
2. Cover with water, 1-2 inches above ingredients
3. Bring to a boil
4. Simmer 2 hours or more
5. Serve over rice



Gah! Forgot the green pepper!

Come party with me HERE!

2 comments:

  1. My husband makes the red beans around our house. That is fine with me because I don't have to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave the meat out for mine and it turns out well. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete