Thank you to you all who have stuck with me thru my absence!
Not that it is any excuse, but working two, soon to be three jobs plus trying to keep up with everything at home is kicking my butt.
(not to mention life happening in the meantime. Too many doctor appts, too many people in the hospital, too much of too much)
I am backed up with blog posts, and if you read my week in review sessions, I haven't exactly been cooking so much as of late.
Not to mention, gas workers down the street cut lines! We had no phone or internet for over a week. Scary!
I am going to try to be better...I promise!
1 Stick butter
2 Lbs carrots (bite sized chunks)
½ Cup whiskey
¾ Cup Brown sugar
½ Tsp salt
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter in large skillet
2. Add carrots, cooking for a couple minutes. Remove from skillet.
3. Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate for 30 seconds
4. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter
5. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar
6. Stir, then add carrots back to skillet
7. Cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes
8. Remove lid and add salt and pepper9. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Come party with me here!