Monday, July 18, 2016

Ham and Blue Cheese Quiche

This Pillsbury recipe was our breakfast one weekend morning.
As we are not huge breakfast people, we all had a small piece and it went into the fridge as leftovers.

The next day I took a piece for lunch.
And the following day.
And the following day.
I had quiche every flipping day for lunch.

Even as Friday rolled around, this dish was as good as the day it was made fresh! The cheese stayed creamy, the egg fluffy, the crust was crisp(ish).
Mmmmmmmmmmm

My lunch buddies had a good laugh at my expense though.
I don't eat ham.
Hubby and the girl do, so I made it complete for them.
I picked out every tiny pink bite. Yup, that's the way I roll.

They all got a kick out of watching me dissect my quiche...which, frankly, no longer resembled a wedge of any sort by the time I was finished with it!

That, however, did not diminish the delish!

Ingredients:
1 Pie crust
3 Eggs
1 ½ Cup whipping cream
¼ Tsp salt
½ Tsp ground pepper
2 Cups finely chopped ham
1 Cup crumbled blue cheese
1 Tbsp all purpose flour


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450
2. Place pie crust in 9 ½ inch pie plate
3. Bake crust 10 minutes
4. Reduce oven temperature to 375
5. In large bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper until well blended.
6. In separate bowl, toss ham and cheese with flour.
7. Add ham and cheese to crust
8. Pour egg mixture over top
9. Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean
10. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting

Print





Come party with me HERE!

6 comments:

  1. bleu cheese makes everything delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just recently come to love bleu cheese and I'm sure I will love this quiche. Thanks for linking up with us at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thsi sounds SO delicious! :)

    I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so flavorful! Lucky family you've got - if I don't like an ingredient, it doesn't get added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious I love to taste it, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiche!! I never thought of blue cheese.... Thank you for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It :)

    ReplyDelete