Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Happy Thanksgiving to all!


I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey day with friends and family! We "gobbled 'till we wobbled" as is the grand tradition.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year, outside of the usual health and wellness factor.

1. My parents were able to visit for the first time (both of them) in a lot of years and spend the holiday. (we also celebrated Christmas amongst us on Thanksgiving)
2. A young family member had a horrible accident a few days prior. After a big scare, and a lot of surgeries, pins, and plates later, he is alive and well. Recovery will be a long haul, but we still have him!
3. There has been a new birth, and another on the way this year in the extended family

Being able to prepare my portion of Thanksgiving with my mother by my side makes my heart sing.

We made: 
(* will link when posted)
Scalloped Sweet Potato*
Dill Salad
Mashed Potato
Carrots
Orzo Italiano*
Corn Casserole
Pecan Pie
Key Lime Pie

And my mom made her brownies (yum!)

I hope your Thanksgiving was as memorable as mine...


Now we are headed out on, as is tradition to do the only "Black Friday" shopping we need... our Christmas tree!!!

This post was shared on: Your Homebased Mom and Simply Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment