Monday, July 22, 2013

Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

If your day is ever glum, or no good, or just not up to par...the easiest way to fix it is to bake some cookies!

I had seen this recipe on the Pioneer Woman's site and had to make them. A slight twist on what we all know and love...sold!

Admittedly, I held on to this recipe for a long time before I made them since apparently no store in my area sells malted milk! I finally googled it and realized I had only been checking the baking section, it never occurred to me to check with the hot chocolate. Never did I find just regular Carnation malted milk, but Ovaltine malted milk seemed to work just fine.

Has anyone tried both and can tell me if they taste a difference?


Ingredients:
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ Cups brown sugar
¾ Cup sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 ¼ Tsp baking soda
1 ¼ Tsp salt
⅓ Cup (rounded) malted milk powder
1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cream butter, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat slightly, then add vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add malted milk powder and beat until combined
5. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating gently until just combined.
7. Add chocolate chips and stir gently.
8. Drop by teaspoonfulls and bake for 10-12 minutes.


Print


Buying Ovaltine made me feel 5 again!

Missing Ingredient: SALT
I should start my own collection of stock photos since I always seem to be forgetting something in the picture!

Every time hubby or the girl walks by, they eat one. Guess that means they pass the taste test!


This recipe was shared on: Let's Dish Recipes and Tumbleweed Contessa

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Flashback Friday, and these look wonderful, sweet and comfort food at its finest. I ate malted milk balls as a kid until my belly hurt. I can go down memory lane with these babies.

    ReplyDelete