Monday, February 19, 2018

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

I went to my little cousin's gymnastics competition yesterday.
For a little 8 year old, she rocked the house! All of her scores were over an 8 and she won the judges' award for highest jump on the vault.

It was so awesome to watch as we know she loves loves loves being on a competition team. She is always willing to put forth the extra effort, and it shows.

What I didn't like though, was seeing some other kids who were scared, nervous, or didn't want to be there.
Mom and dad wanted them to be there.

It made me reflect back on the girl child and all the activities she has tried over the years.
I feel confident that we never "made" her join anything she didn't want to.
Granted, we made her stick with it...if you sign up for a season of, say, violin...you will follow through. If you don't like it, you don't have to re-sign up.

Hubby reminded me of her soccer days.
Oh my word LOL
I think she spent more time on the sidelines turning her hoodie into a scarecrow than watching the game...but, she enjoyed playing and insisted on signing up again.

I love everything that organized events teach our kids: teamwork, rules, etc...
but let them do what they are into, not you!




Ingredients:
2 Cups shredded chicken
Slider Buns
3 Tbsp Butter
½ Cup Hot sauce
4 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp White vinegar
¼ Tsp Pepper
½ Tsp Salt


Blue Cheese Spread
½ Cup Sour cream
¼ Cup Blue cheese (crumbled)
1 Tbsp vinegar
3 Green onions (chopped)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
2. Add hot sauce, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper
3. Add shredded chicken and heat through
4. Mix all ingredients for blue cheese spread
5. Assemble sandwiches

Print

Slider ingredients (shredded chicken in the bowl)

Blue Cheese Sauce Ingredients

Blue Cheese Sauce



Adapted from: Some random recipe I found in my stack. Wish I knew who to give credit to.

3 comments:

  1. Your Buffalo Chicken Sliders look wonderful! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word! These look and sound amazing! Thanks for sharing. Feel free to share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. The party will go live at 8:00am CST. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com Hope to see you at the shindig. Have a great week ahead! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete