Monday, November 14, 2016

Spaghetti with Broccoli Pesto

My magazine swapping friend handed me a copy of All You magazine one day.
I flipped through, per usual, and came across this recipe.

Maybe we be weird type folks, but Hubby and I love us some broccoli. Even the girl child has always loved broccoli.
(grammar nazis...I know, I know...but it just felt right to say it that way!)

As I am one of those deprived wives, I have no food processor. (sigh) Anyone else out there have this problem?
If so, I was able to do this in my blender just fine! I just did it in batches, adding some oil and garlic in with each batch of broccoli.

Oh the garlic smell is delicious.
The broccoli and Parmesan paired perfectly!
I have leftovers in the fridge...I might need some now, hey, it's veggie, right?! Good for you and all that stuff!

Ingredients:
Salt and Pepper
1 Lb broccoli stems and florets (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1 Lb spaghetti
¼ Cup olive oil
1 Clove garlic (minced)
½ Cup heavy cream
1 Cup grated Parmesan


Directions:
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil
2. Add broccoli and cook until soft
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to food processor
4. Add spaghetti to pot and cook to al dente
5. Add olive oil and garlic to broccoli and process until smooth
6. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in heavy cream and parmesan
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper
8. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water
9. Mix pasta with pesto adding water 1 Tbsp at a time if pesto seems to dry

Print




Come party with me here!



9 comments:

  1. not sure if our family would dive into this or not that is the honest opinion but it would be great if they would
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds so delicious!
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing at our Tips & Tricks link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned this! Sounds amazing ! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I love broccoli and pesto but always pass up pesto recipes in the off season when my basil isn't fresh, this is great! Visiting from nifty, thrifty sundays, pinning for later, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love broccoli too - and what a fantastic way to use it! Your Spaghetti with Broccoli Pesto looks delicious. I do have a food processor, but I don't use it as often as I should. Thahk you for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up with Full Plate Thursday! We will have an early Thanksgiving Edition on 11-22 -16, hope to see you there!
    Wishing you a bountiful Thanksgiving!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing this at the DI & DI Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing!!! Thanks for sharing at Sunday Fitness & Food :-)

    ReplyDelete