Monday, December 8, 2014

Chocolate Frosted Applesauce Cookies

When the girl child was a young'un, she ate applesauce every single day.
She wanted plain, cinnamon, fruit flavored...every form of applesauce, she wanted it.

Then she went and grew up.
Yeah, she doesn't eat it anymore. Maybe she O.D.ed on it as a little, but oh well, it is what it is.

I needed applesauce to make another recipe one day, when I went to the store they had no little containers. None! I ended up buying a decent sizes one, not huge...but big enough. That lone jar has been in my fridge taunting me.

While scanning other recipe blogs on a day off, I stumbled across this on jbeanrecipes. A quick scan of the ingredients and I was off the couch in a flash!

This recipe was "meant to be", it used up every last drop of that lonely jar of applesauce.
(and my sugar, and my flour...and the frosting used up all my confectioners' sugar)

Ingredients:
1 Cup shortening
2 Eggs
1 ½ Cups sugar
2 Cups applesauce
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp cloves
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp Nutmeg
4 Cups flour


Directions:
1. Cream together shortening, sugar and eggs
2. Mix in remaining ingredients
3. Drop by tablespoonfulls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
4. Cook at 400 for 10 minutes
5. Cool and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting

Print



This recipe was shared with:
Monday: Flour me with Love, Pioneer Momma, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Kitchen Table Art, A Southern Fairytale, The Modest Mom Blog, A Pinch of Joy, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Jambellish, The Chicken Chick, Uncommon Designs, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, Mom's the Word
Tuesday: Memories by the Mile, Pint Sized Baker, Cornerstone Confessions, Inside Bru Crew Life, Mandy's Recipe Box, Hope Studios, Hope in Every Season


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, these sound good!!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete