Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Betty Crocker Macaroni and Cheese

The girl child has a soft spot for the "blue box" mac and cheese.
I think we all have a childhood memory of it.

Something about that neon orange powder just makes us small again.

I saw this new Betty Crocker brand in the store and grabbed it to have on hand in the cabinet.
One night, we were being lazy and decided to try it.

I started making it like the regular "blue box" and THEN read the directions. Oops! Start all over again!

With this version, you mix everything together and cook it. There is no draining involved.
I am all about skipping a step...remember...we were being lazy!

Macaroni is all made, and we all take a bite.
Eh.
Not so impressed.

It wasn't bad...it just didn't have the greatest of flavors.

I don't think I will be buying it again, even though it was convenient to make.


Update: We did buy it again, because it was on sale. It's a quick meal for the girl when she is home on a snow day or whatever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment