Monday, September 23, 2013

New York Cheesecake

I am a self proclaimed cheesecake junkie.
Sorry to say (sorry for me at least) darling daughter inherited my love for the creamy goodness.

We love, love, love the cheesecake samplers from BJ's...any excuse for it, we take it.

Funny enough, I have been to the Cheesecake Factory multiple times now and have yet to have a piece. Maybe it has something to do with their 900 page menu, I am too full before my food even comes!

I had gotten graham cracker crumbs for another recipe and this one was on the back of the box. As I am all about trying every recipe that comes my way (research, you know.) I decided to make it.

My parents came up to visit and were headed to my house. We ran home so I could get this made and ready to serve if the mood so hit them.

Have you ever tried "Brownie Brittle"? We just tried our first bag (OMG YUM). At the end of it all, there were tons of crumbs at the bottom of the bag. I saved them and put them on top of this cheesecake as garnish. I highly suggest it!


Ingredients:
2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 Cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 Cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 Eggs
1 Cup sour cream


Directions:

1. In small bowl, toss together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 2 Tbsp sugar.

2. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.

3. Chill crust in freezer while preparing filling

4. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.

5. Add 1 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla.

6. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
7. Stir in sour cream.
8. Pour into crust. Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 hours or until center is almost set.
9. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
10. Loosen sides of pan, continue cooling for 45 more minutes.
11. Store in refrigerator.


Print

Creamy, dreamy, topped with crumbs from the bottom of a "Brownie Brittle" bag


This recipe was shared on This Gal Cooks , Mandy's Recipe Box, Chef-In-Training, Sugar and Dots, The Lady Behind the Curtain, and Jam Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment