Monday, December 12, 2016

Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

A group of us decided to do a cookie exchange...via USPS!
We all are scattered around the country, so we talked about all the virtual ones you see online...but we missed that home touch.

I gathered a list of everyone who wanted to participate, put their names in a hat and matched people up.

We had a two week window in which to create, bake, and ship.
It was about 80% successful, not too bad all in all.

A long time friend, whom I have not seen in years participated. Through email we decided that since neither of us were randomly selected to send to each other, that we would just send them on our own.

In true fashion, life got in the way. We thought we had given each other enough time, but as it came down to the last few days, we both remembered our promise.
A quick email and we are back on track!

This Hershey's recipe sounded like the perfect, yummy, comforting cookie to send to my dear friend.
She won't notice that I stole one...

and shhh...don't tell Hubby and the Girl that I did, I have been telling them that I need this exact amount to send. hehehe.

Ingredients:
1 ¼ Cups all purpose flour
½ Tsp baking soda
¼ Tsp salt
1 Egg
½ Tsp vanilla extract
¾ Cup sugar
⅓ Cup creamy peanut butter
½ Cup butter (softened)
1 Cup milk chocolate chips
1 Cup peanut butter chips


Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Beat butter, sugar, and peanut butter until creamy
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat well
4. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing well
6. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet
8. Bake 12-14 minutes

Print



Come party with me HERE!

8 comments:

  1. Good Lord, those look good! What a terrific idea to do a REAL long distance cookie exchange! I bet the devil's in the details though, right? #TurnItUpTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good!!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I'd love to find some of these waiting in the mail for me!
    Ran across your post at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. Those look yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookie exchange is such a lovely idea, and I really like the sound of your Double Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies. I would have stolen one too :-) Thank you for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul, Jay. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you cartoon, that looks like my kitchen when the kids were younger. Your cookies look awesome! Hope you have a very special week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound and look to die for!!! :)

    ReplyDelete