Friday, December 11, 2015

Apple Butter Snickerdoodles

It's that cookie making time of year again!


Bread Booze Bacon is co-hosting yet another Blogger Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap!
I last participated in 2013 and had so much fun, I couldn't resist joining in again!
(See the original 2013 post here)

This time around I was paired with The Lawyer's Cookbook
She shared a Pumpkin Butter Snickerdoodle, along with the hint that I could use any type of fruit butter I happened to have on hand.
That being said, I decided to tap into my southern roots and break out the apple butter!

Mmm...the thought of apple cinnamon type cookies was very appealing.
As we know, my hubby is a little snickerdoodle obsessed !

The obstacle in front of me though, was the fact that I was not down south, and apple butter isn't as common up here in New England.
I hit up the local grocery for my normal weekly shop and decided to check out the jelly isle and see what could be found.

Can you believe, I found ONE jar of apple butter....right under a "Clearance, discontinued product" sign! Come on now, this just does not happen to me! Psyched!

So, please, feel free to try her original pumpkin butter, or any other fruit butter!


Ingredients:
3 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
¾ Cup Butter (softened)
1 ¼ Cup Sugar + ⅓ Cup Sugar (divided)
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Vanilla
½ Cup Apple Butter
½ Tsp Cinnamon + 1 Tsp Cinnamon (divided)


Directions:

  1. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. To mixer, add 1 ¼ cup sugar and butter
  3. Cream until fluffy
  4. Add in eggs, vanilla, apple butter, and ½ tsp cinnamon
  5. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients
  6. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours
  7. Preheat oven to 350
  8. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  9. Mix 1 tsp cinnamon and ⅓ cup sugar into shallow dish
  10. Roll dough into 2 tbsp sized balls
  11. Roll balls into cinnamon sugar mixture
  12. Bake 13-15 minutes




7 comments:

  1. They turned out beautifully! I hope you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG they were delicious! I had to make two batches because of all the "snickerdoodle sharing"!

      Delete
    2. OMG they were delicious! I had to make two batches because of all the "snickerdoodle sharing"!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of apple butter snickerdoodles before. I'm eager to try them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of Apple Butter to your Snickerdoodles.Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound amazing! Thanks for sharing on the Country Fair Blog Party this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete