Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Creamy Parmesan Potato

This recipe came from my "saved over the years" pile. I hand wrote it, so I am not sure where it originally came from.
A quick Google search provided more responses than I cared to go through.

I went looking for the ingredients at my local grocery. I couldn't find sour cream and onion scalloped potato, but I did find parmesan ones. Sounds like it would work just fine to me, and it did.

As you dump the tiny potato slices in the pan, you might look at it and wonder why in the heck you need such a large pan for such a small amount of food. Just go with it, and see what happens!

I also decided to skip the salt this calls for as I figured the potato seasonings would have enough sodium. This was a personal choice, and I didn't miss it...you can decide for yourself.

Ingredients:
1 Box sour cream and chive scalloped potato
2 Cups very warm water
1 Cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
½-1 Tsp salt
½ Tsp garlic powder
¼ Tsp white pepper
¼ Tsp onion powder
¼ Tsp nutmeg
6 Large eggs
2 Tbsp grated parmesan for garnish

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Spray bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
3. Place potato slices in dish
4. Combine remaining ingredients (minus the parmesan for garnish) with the seasoning packet from the potato.
5. Wisk until smooth, pour over potato slices.
6. Sprinkle with garnish
7. Bake 40 minutes


Print


I liked both the Parmesan and the Sour Cream and Onion flavor potato, can't go wrong!

The picture just doesn't convey the yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment